Motivating End-Users Behavioral Change by Combined ICT Based Modular Information on Energy Use, Indoor Environment, Health and Lifestyle (MOBISTYLE)
MOBISTYLE PROJECT is an international project co-funded by the by the European Union under the H2020 Programme (H2020-EE07-2016-IA, Behavioural change toward energy efficiency through ICT).
New findings show that energy and the environment themselves are not sufficient incentives for changing user habits and behaviour. Combined and personified information about energy consumption and user behaviour, which also contains information about the actual quality of the internal environment, personal wellbeing and health are much more useful. By integrating this more attractive information it is easier to get the interest of users. Even more important, in this way we can permanently change their habits. Today a lot of data is available that can be obtained from a variety of software and sensors (eg, mobile phones, smart meters, smart plugs and appliances, intelligent control systems, and building automation). However, this data is often not available or understandable to final energy users. Therefore, the project focuses on how to take advantage of all the ICT solutions’ potential benefits and how to ensure or increase their level of usability for the end users.
Purpose of the project
The overall aim of MOBISTYLE is to raise consumer awareness and motivate behavioral change by providing attractive personalized combined knowledge services on energy use, indoor environment, health and lifestyle, by ICT-based solutions. Providing more understandable information on energy, health and lifestyle will motivate end-users to change their behavior towards optimized energy use and provide confidence in choosing the right thing. It will offer consumers more and lasting incentives than only information on energy use.
- To present understandable information and indicators, related to energy use and energy efficiency, in an easy to handle and attractive way for consumers.
- To provide understandable personalized information for consumers by combining energy monitoring with monitoring of indoor environmental quality, behavior parameters and daily habits.
- To motivate a prolonged change of consumers’ habits and daily practices on energy use by combined modular personalized information on individual energy use, health and lifestyle.
- To foster new business models and applications for future developer engagements.
- To demonstrate a sustainable behavioral change towards significant reduction of energy use in different real environments by deploying and validating the developed solutions and services.
- Huygen Installatie Adviseurs (NED-koordinator)
- DEMO Consultants (NED)
- Maastricht University (NED)
- Institute for Innovation and Development of University of Ljubljana (SI)
- Aalborg University (DK)
- Politechnico Torino (IT)
- HOLONIX (IT)
- Highskillz (UK)
- TAURON Polska Energia (PL)
- Whirlpool (IT
- MOBISTYLE – newsletter no. 1 (pdf)
- MOBISTYLE – newsletter no. 2 (pdf)
- MOBISTYLE – newsletter no. 3 (pdf)
- MOBISTYLE – newsletter no. 4 (pdf)
- From 1.10. 2016 until 31. 3. 2020 (42 months)
Total eligible costs
- 2.411.725,00 €
Contact at IRI UL